One-hour special chock full of insights, analysis and reactions to the new NHL CBA tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, Sportsnet 590 and 960 The FAN, and sportsnet.ca.
Millard, Kypreos, Shannon and Grange provide live on-location reports from New York.
Marek, MacLean, Morrison, Cox, Spector and May live in-studio.
Special two-hour edition of Connected at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific.
Comprehensive multiplatform coverage of end of NHL lockout across TV, radio, print and digital.
TORONTO (January 6, 2013) Hot on the heels of today’s announcement that the NHL and NHLPA have reached a new tentative Collective Bargaining Agreement, Sportsnet presents HOCKEY CENTRAL Game On Presented by Molson Canadian, a one-hour special jam-packed with news, analysis, opinions and reaction to the end of the NHL lockout, tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, simulcast on Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN and streamed live on sportsnet.ca.
Sportsnet’s best-in-class team of hockey insiders, analysts and reporters will dissect the new NHL CBA, provide reaction to the end of the NHL lockout and take a sneak peak at the upcoming NHL season. The HOCKEY CENTRAL Game On show will be streamed live in its entirety at sportsnet.ca, as well via the Sportsnet HOCKEY CENTRAL iPad app.
Below are the key details of Sportsnet’s HOCKEY CENTRAL Game On coverage on TV, digital, radio and print:
- HOCKEY CENTRAL Game On will air tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, with encore presentations at 9 p.m. MT/PT on Sportsnet West and Pacific, and at 11 p.m. ET/MT/PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific
- On-location in New York: Host Daren Millard is joined by Nick Kypreos, John Shannon, and Michael Grange in New York to provide up-to-the-minute updates, insights and reactions to the announcement
- Main Set Panel: Host Jeff Marek is joined by Doug MacLean, Scott Morrison, Damien Cox, Mark Spector, and Brad May and as they break down the new deal and speak with guests and NHL players
- Sportsnet will also present a special two-hour edition of Connected tonight at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, featuring all of Sportsnet’s HOCKEY CENTRAL reporters and analysts, including P.K. Subban and Denis Potvin
Digital – sportsnet.ca
Coverage on sportsnet.ca includes:
- Live streaming of HOCKEY CENTRAL: Game On tonight at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (also available on the Sportsnet HOCKEY CENTRAL iPad app)
- All streaming will include a live chat for fans to voice their opinion and will be made available on-demand online
- Columns and blogs on the new CBA and end of the NHL lockout featuring Grange, Kypreos, Morrison, Shannon, Spector and Stephen Brunt
- Re-cap videos of HOCKEY CENTRAL discussions
- Social media reactions including player reactions on Twitter Tracker
Radio – Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN
- Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN will simulcast HOCKEY CENTRAL Game On at 9 p.m. ET/7 p.m. MT. David Alter will be live on-location in New York providing ongoing updates and reports all throughout the day
Print – Sportsnet magazine
- Sportsnet magazine will feature a 30-page NHL season preview, available on newsstands on Thursday, Jan. 10 and including:
- A detailed breakdown of all seven Canadian teams
- Pre-season expert predictions
- Delineation of the on-ice issues heading into the season
- Features on stars of the NHL
Join the Discussion
Fans are encouraged to join the End of the NHL Lockout discussion by sharing their thoughts and opinions through Sportsnet’s official social media channels listed below and by using the #GameOn and #Sportsnet hashtags. Hockey fans can also connect directly with their favourite HOCKEY CENTRAL personalities via Twitter to receive the latest hockey news updates.
Social Media Links
- Official Website, Sportsnet http://www.sportsnet.ca/
- Like Sportsnet http://www.facebook.com/sportsnet
- Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
- Follow HOCKEY CENTRAL: @SNHockeyCentral
- Follow Daren Millard @DarenMillard
- Follow Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
- Follow John Shannon @JSportsnet
- Follow Michael Grange @michaelgrange
- Follow Damien Cox @DamoSpin
- Follow Ian Mendes @ian_mendes
- Follow Jeff Marek @JeffMarek
- Follow Doug MacLean @DougMacLean
- Follow Scott Morrison @morrisonSNET
- Follow Brad May @maydayhockey
- Follow Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
- Follow David Alter @DavidAlter590
- Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
All of Sportsnet’s HOCKEY CENTRAL talent is available for interviews to discuss the end of the NHL lockout.
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games, and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, the Memorial Cup, and soccer programming with UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network’s nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day’s events in the world of sports.