- As the official radio home of Vancouver Canucks hockey, Sportsnet 650 to feature daily Canucks Central at Noon show -
VANCOUVER (August 23,2017) And, we’re ready for take-off! The full programming lineup for Sportsnet 650, Vancouver’s new all-sports radio station, has been finalized for the network’s launch on September 4.
Featuring dawn-to-dusk coverage of all things Vancouver sports, Sportsnet 650’s weekday programming lineup features familiar faces, new voices and plenty of wide-ranging opinion.
“We have a first-rate slate of programming for sports fans in Vancouver that will deliver engaging conversation, lively debate, and sports entertainment and content,” said Craig MacEwen, Program Director, Sportsnet 650. “We are going to hit the ground running and can’t wait to get started.”
The full roster of shows(Monday to Friday) and broadcast talent are as follows:
5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. PT
Sportsnet’s Starting Lineup
- Wake up every morning to this dynamic trio who promise to be energetic, fun, passionate and most of all – entertaining.
9 a.m. to Noon PT
- The perfect complement to the morning show, Shah and Jang are two of the most enthusiastic broadcasters in sports and are always ready for an engaging debate.
Satiar Shah has more than 10 years of sports broadcasting experience. He spent three years covering the NHL and CFL on radio in Edmonton before making his way back to British Columbia in 2010. Every team needs a rookie, and that’s where Jawn Jang comes in. While this is his first foray into sports broadcasting, Jang brings four years of on-air experience from Vancouver’s 102.7 The PEAK, 93.7 JRfm and The Kootenay’s 102.9 The Drive.
Noon to 1 p.m. PT
Canucks Central at Noon
Host: Satiar Shah
- Tune in every day for the most comprehensive Canucks show on the dial. The only real choice for the die-hard Canucks fan. Regular contributors include Brendan Batchelor, John Garrett, Corey Hirsch, Dan Murphy and John Shorthouse.
1 p.m. to 4 p.m. PT
- Make sure to join two of Vancouver’s most experienced sports journalists as they delve into the stories that Vancouver sports fans care about most.
Perry Solkowski is a multiaward-winning journalist with 19 years of experience as a sports director and anchor in the Vancouver television market. He has covered multiple Olympic Games, Stanley Cup Championships, and Grey Cup Championships. Randip Janda has 10 years of experience as a producer and broadcaster in Vancouver. He joined the OMNI Television news team in 2010 before joining the Hockey Night In Canada: Punjabi Edition team as a colour analyst and host in 2014.
4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT
- The drive home after a long day promises to be a lot more exciting with Walker and Rintoul anchoring Sportsnet 650’s afternoon drive show. A pair of dynamic personalities with an incredible knowledge of sports, Walker and Rintoul are the perfect fit for the Vancouver audience.
Vancouver Canucks live broadcasts
Sportsnet 650 is also the new exclusive radio home of Vancouver Canucks hockey, broadcasting every regular season game live. In addition, Sportsnet 650 has coverage of Vancouver Canucks pre-season games and the 2017 Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic in Penticton from September 8 to 11.
Sportsnet 650 will be available on 650 AM. Listeners can also tune in on HD Receivers at HD3 on 96.9FM, as well as on the Sportsnet App, the Radioplayer Canada App or by streaming live on Sportsnet.ca/650 beginning September 4.
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Follow James Cybulski @JamesCybulski
Follow Steve Darling @stevedarling
Follow Mira Laurence @laurence_mira
Follow Satiar Shah @SatiarShah
Follow Jawn Jang @jawnjang
Follow Brendan Batchelor @BatchHockey
Follow Corey Hirsch @CoreyHirsch
Follow Perry Solkowski @psolkowski
Follow Randip Janda @RandipJanda
Follow Andrew Walker @AndrewWalker650
Follow Scott Rintoul @ScottRintoul
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand, connecting Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes. Delivering storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet NOW, and the Sportsnet app. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, and Sportsnet World. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). Sportsnet also has exclusive TV & radio coverage of all 162 Blue Jays games, as well as other MLB games, Toronto Raptors, NBA, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, and extensive soccer programming including Premier League, Bundesliga, FA Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.