– Sportsnet to broadcast more than 150 national matchups and 130+ regional games this season –
TORONTO (June 25, 2019) Sportsnet today unveiled its 2019-20 national NHL broadcast schedule, delivering more than 150 exclusive English-language matchups across three marquee nights: Hockey Night in Canada (Saturdays), Rogers Hometown Hockey(Sundays) and Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey – see full schedule here. All of Sportsnet’s national broadcasts will also be available to stream on Sportsnet NOW and Rogers NHL LIVE.
As Canada’s home of the NHL, key highlights of Sportsnet’s national broadcast schedule include:
Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey – Wednesdays
- All-Canadian opening night doubleheader on Wednesday, Oct. 2 – Ottawa vs. Toronto and Vancouver vs. Edmonton.
- The mid-week broadcast will air 34 NHL matchups, including 11 divisional showdowns and seven all-Canadian games.
Hockey Night in Canada – Saturdays
- Saturday nights will feature 96 games this season, including 20 all-Canadian matchups.
- Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada travels to Yellowknife, NT for its 20th anniversary broadcast on February 8.
Rogers Hometown Hockey – Sundays
- Set to premiere Sunday, Oct. 6, the sixth season will feature 26 exclusive NHL matchups – all featuring at least one Canadian team.
- Festival locations will be announced at a later date.
- Sportsnet is also the exclusive English-language home of the biggest events on the NHL calendar:
o Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic – Oct. 26, 2019
o Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic– Jan. 1, 2020
o 2020 NHL All-Star Skills Competition & NHL All-Star Game – Jan. 25 & 26, 2020
o Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada – Feb. 8, 2020
o Coors Light NHL Stadium Series – Feb. 15, 2020
o 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs & 2020 Stanley Cup Final
Full TV channel allocations will be announced on a week-to-week basis. Additional details of Sportsnet’s NHL coverage for the 2019-20 season, including national broadcasts on additional nights and regional broadcast schedules, will be announced in the coming weeks.
As the home of the NHL, Sportsnet is the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada. Set to deliver more than 130 regional games, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650).
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE,IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.