– Blackout-free regional Oilers games available on Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE –
TORONTO (August 27, 2019) Lacing up for puck drop at Rogers Place, Sportsnet will deliver exclusive coverage of all 82 Edmonton Oilers games this season across the network’s television, streaming services and digital platforms.
Sportsnet hits the ice for NHL Opening Night in Edmonton on Wednesday, Oct. 2 as the Oilers open their 2019-20 season against the Vancouver Canucks at 8 p.m. MT on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL Live.
Sportsnet is also set to air two Oilers pre-season matchups on Sportsnet ONE, beginning Tuesday, Sept. 17 (full broadcast schedule online).
Key details of Sportsnet’s exclusive coverage of the 2019-20 Oilers season:
Sportsnet West will be the home of regional Oilers games this season, in addition to two matchups exclusive to Sportsnet Oilers, the Sportsnet ONE companion channel. Sportsnet’s regional Oilers broadcast team features:
- Seasoned play-by-play announcer Kevin Quinn and game analyst Louie DeBrusk
- Real-time updates and exclusive player interviews from reporter Gene Principe
- Live panel discussion from Rogers Place anchored by Principe
- In-game contributions from Oilers analyst Drew Remenda
Highlights from Sportsnet’s regional Oilers broadcast schedule include:
- Seven all-Canadian matchups on Sportsnet West
- 15 meetings with Pacific Division opponents
Reaching hockey fans across Canada, Sportsnet’s national Oilers broadcast schedule includes:
- 10 Hockey Night in Canada appearances, including three battle of Alberta face-offs with the Calgary Flames
- Two meetings with defending Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues
- Seven Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey matchups, beginning with an Oct. 16 showdown with the Philadelphia Flyers
Digital – Sportsnet.ca and Sportsnet app
- Must-read columns and in-depth features from Oilers insider Mark Spector
- Videos, highlights and interviews on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitterand Facebook accounts
As Canada’s Home of Hockey and the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650), Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN) and Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN). In addition to regular season coverage of Canada’s NHL teams, Sportsnet’s 2019-20 national broadcast schedule also features the biggest events of the NHL season, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE,IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.