September 17, 2020 – The final stage is set for the 2020 Stanley Cup Final. As the Tampa Bay Lightning and Dallas Stars face-off for the hardest-won trophy in sports, Sportsnet will be rinkside in Edmonton to deliver exclusive national English-language coverage to Canadians coast-to-coast-to-coast. Live coverage begins Saturday on Sportsnet and CBC, and via stream on SN NOW and NHL Live. Complementing Sportsnet’s TV and streaming coverage, the Sportsnet Radio Network will also serve up exclusive radio coverage of the Stanley Cup Final (full broadcast schedule below).
Exclusive coverage of the Stanley Cup Final begins Saturday at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT with the Hockey Central pre-game show on Sportsnet, CBC and SN NOW, followed by puck drop on Game 1 between the Lightning vs. Stars at 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet, CBC, Sportsnet Radio Network, SN NOW and NHL Live.
Continuing to deliver every game from every series to Canada’s hockey fans, Sportsnet’s exclusive multiplatform coverage includes:
Television & Streaming
- From the Booth – Hockey Hall of Fame media honouree Jim Hughson and veteran analyst Craig Simpson have the call for the Stanley Cup Final.
- From the Hockey Central Studio – Hosts Ron MacLean and David Amber are joined by Sportsnet’s NHL Insiders and analysts: Elliotte Friedman, Kelly Hrudey, Brian Burke, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Kevin Bieksa and Anthony Stewart.
- From Rinkside – Reporters Kyle Bukauskas and Scott Oake deliver the latest updates from Edmonton.
- In Punjabi – On OMNI Television, Harnarayan Singh, Randip Janda, Harpreet Pandher and Gurpreet Sian air Games 1 and 5 on Hockey Night in Canada: Punjabi Edition.
Sportsnet Radio Network
Reaching listeners across the country, Sportsnet 650’s Brendan Batchelor and Corey Hirsch deliver the radio play-by-play for every game of the Stanley Cup Final for the Sportsnet Radio Network. Gord Stellick and Nick Alberga bookend all broadcasts with pre- and post-game coverage.
- The Insiders – Breaking news, opinion and analysis from Canada’s top hockey writers: Chris Johnston, Eric Francis, Mark Spector, Iain McIntyre, Luke Fox, Eric Engels and Ken Wiebe.
- 31 Thoughts – The must-read column and fan-favourite podcast with Friedman and Jeff Marek continues throughout the Stanley Cup Final.
- NHL Chatroom – Hosts Steve Dangle and Ailish Forfar chat about NHL headlines, hot topics and more in the new interactive online show, airing Wednesdays at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT on Sportsnet.ca, and Sportsnet’s Youtube and Facebook channels.
- On Social – Real-time Gotta-See-It highlights on Sportsnet’s YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook channels.
2020 Stanley Cup Final on Sportsnet Broadcast Schedule
Dallas Stars vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
- Play-by-play: Jim Hughson; Game Analyst: Craig Simpson
- All games available on Sportsnet Radio Network and to stream on SN NOW and NHL LIVE
|G1||Sat. Sept. 19||Dallas @ Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT||SN / CBC / OMNI|
|G2||Mon., Sept. 21||Dallas @ Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC|
|G3||Wed., Sept. 23||Tampa Bay @ Dallas, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC|
|G4||Fri., Sept. 25||Tampa Bay @ Dallas, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC|
|G5*||Sat., Sept. 26||Dallas @ Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC / OMNI|
|G6*||Mon., Sept. 28||Tampa Bay @ Dallas, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC|
|G7*||Wed., Sept. 30||Dallas @ Tampa Bay, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN / CBC|
**schedule subject to change
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.